Saturday 24 March 2007

Public Poos

Sorry, another poo story.

So, I had to go to Northcote Plaza a couple of days ago to get a few groceries. It was that 38 degree stinking hot day so I decided to drive up with Jed. Just as we were about to leave the house, there was some 'thunder down under' sounds coming from Jed. I thanked him for being so thoughtful and pooping before we left the house. After a quick nappy change we were on our way.

In the carpark, as I reached down to grab Jed, I heard some more 'rumbles in the jungle'. Damn it! I would usually change him in the boot but it was so hot and windy so after checking for leakages, I decided to pop him in the strap on (baby bjorn) and change him in the 'parent room' in the Plaza.

On our way to the parent room I noticed a wet feeling on my tummy. I looked down at Jed and he had his poo face on. (refer to Poocano story for picture of 'I've just done a poo' face). There it was - yellowy, slimy poo leaking through his clothes, dribbling down his legs, finally making it's way through to my clothes.
I began to walk at a faster pace, not wanting to draw attention to myself. There was more thunder and rumbles. Stuff the Plaza people, I made a run for it. Jed's poo continued to dribble, even leaving a trail of poo drops through the Plaza as we bolted for the change room.

Finally, the parent room. My saviour! Not. It was most disgusting change room to date. I've been visiting lots of parent rooms around town and most are pretty good. Other than the obvious change table, you'll often find a comfy couch or nice arm chair for feeding and a sink with soap to wash pooey hands. Some even have microwaves. Not this one.

To start with, it totally stank. And not of little baby poo but of big adult poo - totally gross, I almost gagged. The change table itself, looked ancient and like it hadn't been cleaned like, ever. There was no way I was putting my pooey baby's body on that. I almost headed to Centre Management to complain but I had other issues to deal with first.
Good thing I carry a change mat with me, bad thing I only had one singular baby wipe to clean up so much poo!!!! I almost wanted to do the 'dunk in the sink' clean but even the sink that was totally gross. Thankfully I did have a spare cloth nappy handy to help with the mess.

Did I mention, all the while this was going on, Jed was making the cutest coo-ing and caa-ing noises ever? Like he was totally enjoying himself watching me in such a chaotic state. Gotta love a guy with a sense of humour...

3 comments:

Mel in Lao said...

Perhaps it's time to restart the St Georges Rd poo diary in courtesy of Jed the poo machine? xxmelly

Us said...

Isn't it amazing how a good parent room is heavenly and others well......hellish? I once walked in to the one with a similar poo exploding predicament only to find some gross pervert tugging off in there. Eeek. But when you are next in Sydders you must check out the baby rooms of the westfield bondi junction, sublime really with harbour views to enjoy whilst sitting on overstuffed comfy feeding chairs.

The Zed Man Files said...

Oh dear. I have a very similar story for mine and Zephs first shopping adventure.

First he did a big wee and filled up the change table which was like a bowl. Then it was all over his clothes so I picked him up and POW, he poo'd all over the white baby bjorn. I had to carry him, all my shopping and the dirty stuff back to the carpark in the city. Not fun but funny in hindsight. xx Leah